I had been trying to get to a Soul Factory Presents event ever since I’d heard about the organization, when their debut showcase included Darien and Choklate in 2012. I regretfully missed this show. Being one of the co-founders of ONUTSS (One Nation Under The Soul Shack), we had the honor of presenting Darien and Choklate, (who was the first artist ONUTSS presented) so I really wanted to be there.
If you are close to the New York area, love good music, (regardless of whether or not you’ve heard of the artists) and haven’t attended a Soul Factory Presents, now is the time!! Stay tuned for the next showcase May 2014!!
The Soul Factory Presents has presented the most talented artists in the indie soul business; some I know (from ONUTSS days), some I know of and some I don’t but know that they must possess a special musical gift, otherwise they would not have graced a Soul Factory stage!
Well, around August 2013, the Soul Factory Presents announced they were going to present Bradd Marquis’ album release party for “Thank You”, along with special guests Lamone and Laura Jane. So Detrel (ONUTSS co-founder) and I spoke about the event and decided we really needed to attend and I’m so happy we did. Life had kept us away from the soul scene and this was the time we were able to get our schedules together and make it happen. We were truly excited to see Bradd and Lamone on the same stage as ONUTSS had also presented them a few years ago on separate occasions.
Me, Detrel and Lamone
The energy was high and it felt good to be in the same room as many of our soul family we hadn’t seen in quite some time. The smiles, the hugs, the live music–missed all of this!
Needless to say, we had a fantastic time!
Cupid’s Hunt is the premiere online collaboration event where DJs and podcasters from all over the Internet release loved-themed music mixes all on the same day: Valentine’s Day!
This year makes my third year of involvement and I must say that since then, I look forward to submitting my mixes each year!
I am happy to submit the eighth installment of SeXXXy Love in addition to the fourth installment of It’s Complicated!
Hoping you enjoy listening to these mixes as much as I enjoyed creating them for yours and my listening pleasure.
SeXXXy Love Vol. VIII
1. I Want cha Babe – Ledisi
2. Human Touch – Kem
3. Slowly – Syleena Johnson
4. Examine Me -Warren Xcince; Etta Bond
5. Phone Sex – Syleena Johnson
6. Cry Baby – Raheem DeVaughn
7. Nothing – Jill Scott
8. Wet – Sandra St. Victor
9. Obey – Dwele
10. Sexy – Will Downing
11. Dinner and a Movie – Ronald Isley
12. The Baby Maker – Carl Thomas
13. Intro – Slakah the Beatchild
14. Lay You Down – Jose James
15. Sex in the City – Noel Gourdin
16. Feels Like We Sexin – Calvin Richardson
It’s Complicated Vol. IV
1. Interlude Introspective Mood – Mint Condition
2. Don’t Talk to me Like That – Will Downing
3. Place in Your Heart – Ty Causey
4. Do You Want Me – Jade
5. Do You Feel The Way I Do – Rahsaan Patterson
6. Walkin – Angela Johnson f/Lisala
7. Sick of Fools – Leigh Jones
8. Crying Over You – Angela Johnson f/Trisha Angus and Lisala
9. Only You – Jill Scott
10. Seven Days – Mary J. Blige
11. Still Come Back to You – Laurnea
12. Remedy – Leon King
13. Never Fall in Love Again – Gordon Chambers
14. No Guarantee Chico DeBarge
15. Love, Sex and Philosophy – Soul: ID
Have a wonderful Valentines extended Weekend, lovers!!