It’s Complicated Vol. I is my first mix in the It’s Complicated series. As explained in music minded manic; relationships and all the drama that goes with it, It’s just Complicated.
Many people refer to the It’s Complicated term as a relationship that is anything but love—such as sex, money, or some other type of benefit. However, I think that most would agree with me that a complicated relationship filled with mixed emotions that work their way to the forefront, brings about anger, sorrow, or regrets due to lies and distrust, mainly because one or the other has found someone else they’d rather be with and not sure of whether to stay in it or leave. Or, in another case wants his or her cake and eat it too. Some other causes in complicated relationships are due to a breakdown in communication, incompatibility, and jealousy. In addition to that one of the two is no longer willing to give 100% of their devotion.
Just as the lyrics suggest with all of these issues, love is prevalent and still an integral part of the relationship and in some cases supersedes all else—in spite of…
As you can see from the track titles, something ain’t right! This is what the It’s Complicated mix series is all about, and it’s just one of many to follow so keep looking out for them as I have discovered songs that delve right into ALL THAT!
I’m feeling the Rock and Soul collaboration on tracks 2-5!
As always, listen to the lyrics and ENJOY!
1. Maybe I’m Not the Man – Marcell and the Truth
2. Disgusted – Lamone
3. Damn! – Cheryl Pepsi Riley
4. Falling Apart – Mint Condition
5. You Can Make the Story Right – Chaka Khan
6. Three is a Crowd – Milira
7. Trial Separation – Kenny Latimore
8. Best Friend’s Lover – Avani
9. He Will Break Your Heart – Darien Brockington
10. Get Over You – Faith Evans
11. Hollywood Story – Rogiers f/Bilal
12. Beautiful You Are – Javier
13. Stop Fanning the Fire – Junior
14. Lonely When You’re Around – Jill Scott
15. Lover and Friend (interlude) – Darien Continue reading